Monday, April 04, 2005

Manic Monday

I always feel that I need a couple of days to recover from the madness that is usually the weekend. Today being no exception. However, I'm laying all blame with my old pal Catherine Tierney, who is visiting home from New Zealand. Well, it's always easier to point the finger, isn't it?

I bumped into Quentin Fottrell last night. Sporting yet another new pair of specs, the writer and broadcaster is as busy as ever. Representing Ireland for the international news agency Dow Jones, Q also pens the answers to the countries complaints on his site, www.WorldWeary.com. There's always someone worse off that you!

I also heard today that my good friend Caroline Morahan is set to present the TV show of the Summer. Entertainment site ShowBizIreland.com last week papped Caroline who was out and about filming the new reality show, so I just had to find out more details.

The as yet untitled series will follow the search for a dancer, with top coreographers training the hopefuls and selecting the eventual winner over a number of weeks. The contestants will also live in the same house for the duration, so there's sure to be some juicy stuff.

Speaking of Caroline, I see she is again in the running for the coveted VIP Style Award, which will be hosted on Thursday. But more about that anon.

I must extend a warm welcome to Cuan O'Regan - Bannon who entered the world safe and sound this morning. Cuan's parents, publicist Ultan Bannon and barrister Attracta O'Regan are delighted, natch. Congratulations to all concerned.