Thursday, April 07, 2005

In the market

The latest band of gastro venues to open up in Dublin is a fantastic development. Eating out no longer has to be an expensive but distinctly average occassion.

I've probably written about it here before, and indeed have been quoted in the press about it, but my favourite place for inexpensive but great food is The Market Bar on Fade Street. I had yeat another fab dinner there last night with my good friend Gareth Gleeson, who I think I have converted to become a Market Bar regular.

In other news, Kylie, the princess of pop, is in town. she kicks off the Iriah leg of her tour tonight in The Point and will play a further 4 gigs here. I'm off to see her tomorrow night and am really looking forward to it.

I passed the Merrion Hotel earlier today and spotted a well-known paparazzo lurking outside, so wee Kylie may well be resting her head there for the duration of her stay.

I'll have to head to Lillies this weekend - well, pretty much any celebrity who comes to Dublin ends up there, so you never know, Kylie and I might have a laugh over a Cosmo.