Monday, April 11, 2005

Fire up the Aga

Last week I also attended the opening of the gorgeous new Fired Earth / AGA showroom in Dun Laoghaire, called The Clubhouse - a rather elegant name I think you'll agree. I was accompanied by the lovely Jenny Fallopian, who was in Dublin on a brief, but much appreciated, visit.

I'm into interiors as much as the next person, but it was Jenny who thrilled when I told her where we were going. She loves cooking on her Aga that one.

Among those admiring the The Clubhouse in all it's glory were the Brithish Ambassador, HE Stuart Eldon and his wife Chris and the French Ambassador, HE Frédéric Grasset and his wife, Mme. Grasset.

Guest of honour, and chief ribbon cutter, was the baby-faced Irish international rugby player Ronan O'Gara, who apparently was not taking part in any photo opportunities or talking to any press. A far cry from what teammate Denis Hickie went through recently when he was grilled by George Hook and Brent Pope at the Timberland launch. Game for a laugh is Denis, but I digress.

'Who needs him anyway', said Jenny, 'the beauty of the Aga speaks for itself.'

Don't you just know it Jenny.