Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Shock! Horror!

I went along to a special screening of the new Keau Reeves movie, Constantine, last night at the Savoy. The main feature was preceeded by a quirky new short film called The Wonderful World of Kelvin Kind, starring Bern Deegan. It tells the story of a hapless and lonely guy who falls for a new girl who moves in to his building. She doesn't even know he exsists though. It's cute. I spotted the producer Mcdara Kelleher and actor John Kavanagh in the audience.

With regard to Constantine, I guess a supernatural thriller is how I'd describe it. The battle between heaven and hell and all in between is the general gist of it. Worth seeing, but not if you are of a nervous disposition. My friend may as well have brought along a sleep mask, such was the amount of time spent with his hands covering his eyes. Bless.

In other news I see that there is a new VIP club opening here in Dublin this Friday night. Located somewhere on Baggot Street, the new club is the brainchild of George Sabongi, who owns Romanza restaurant on Leeson Street. Rumours that former Lillies boss Valerie Roe is involved have not been confirmed.