Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Model behaviour

Yesterday we recorded the Oceans 12 fashion feature I mentioned last week. Thanks in particular to designer Nicky Wallace, Deirdre Browne of Dunnes Stores, Declan Fitzpatrick of Fitzpatricks Grafton Street and Olga Kearney of Vision Express. It was all such a manic last minute rush and definitely my most stressful Ireland AM feature yet.

It always helps to work with cool people though, as it makes everything fall into place. I've worked with male models who think they're bigger than Marcus Schenkenberg. I call it 'model attitude' and, trust me, it's not a good thing. The three guys on this shoot were real professionals - Ben Okonji, Brian Manning and Justin Milligan.

I've worked with Ben many times before and its always a pleasure (speaking of times, he graced the front page of The Irish Times Magazine last Saturday). Brian travelled from Galway and looks so like actor Vincent Cassel in Oceans 12 that he was a perfect cast. Justin is one of the top male models in Northern Ireland, and came all the way from Belfast for the shoot. He's in big demand as he currently has two agencies vying to represent him. Watch that space.

I'm off to the world premiere of I, Keano tonight. Apparently Roy Kean is in the country and has been invited. Details tomorrow.

Question of the week: Which radio station (and no, not FM104!) is facing a huge law suit following the departure of a key member of staff?