Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The Best of Irish

London fashion week is in full swing. I attended a few years ago and didn't have much time to enjoy. If you are reporting then it's not much fun as you are constantly rushing from venue to venue to catch the next show. I'd say the majority of my daytime was spent in the back of a black cab stuck in traffic.

Irish international designer Paul Costello shows his SS05 collection this evening at the Irish Embassy, in fashionable Belgravia. A plethora of Irish supporters are expected to attend. The last time I met Paul, he was launching his latest glassware line for Newbridge Silverware. Publicist Orla Doyle told me he had been sketching for them earlier, so I brazenly asked him if he would do one for me. A down to earth and gracious man, he replied that he'd be delighted to. We were chatting away for a few minutes when he suddenly asked me how I spelt my name and subsequently produced this amazing drawing of a dress from his next collection.

I've since had the picture framed, but still can't decide which room deserves it.