Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Ely, ely, oohhh

I hosted a (rather wild) party last Friday night, which ended up going on till late Saturday morning. I'd better not even begin to describe the activities of some of the well-known guests, as I myself shall be spreading that gossip across dinner tables for some time to come!

Anyhoo, after much weekend merriment I was delighted with a quiet start to my week. I attended a dinner last night in the wonderful Ely Wine Bar & Restaurant for celebrity makeup artist Daniel Sandler and Head of Press for Bourjois Cosmetics, the beautiful Lesley Chivers. Daniel, who acts as international makeup artist for Bourjois, was in town to meet with editor of VIP magazine Emer O'Reilly - Hyland, with whom he was doing a feature.

Ever the busy man, while he was here Daniel also managed to fit in an appearance on breakfast TV show, Ireland AM and do a slot on The Ray D'Arcy Show on Today FM. By the end of this week he'll be in New York dispensing his valuable secrets.

When I asked him what his secret to looking good after a night out was, he replied "Wayne, you know all my secrets."

Among the guests at the dinner were Bairbre Power, RTE producer Niamh Guckian - Ahern, publicist Louise Byrne, Luca Hickey of Bourjois Ireland, Colm Banville, whose father John has just won the Man Booker prize for his novel The Sea, and Frances Winston. Some of whom were thrilled to hear my stories about Friday night.

I just knew they were worth keeping to myself!