Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Hotting up

The weather has been very St. Tropez here lately, and I've been taking full advantage. Perfect conditions for last weekend's Oxegen music festival at Punchestown race course.

I spent Sunday in the confines of the Bacardi B-Bar VIP area, where guests had the pleasure of an extensive BBQ, free Bacardi cocktails and private toilet facilities - always a winner! Mingling around were publicist Sarah Jane English, DJ Hugh Scully, Nicola and Sarah Connolly and actor Philip Brodie.

I also met MTV presenter DP Fitzgerald and filmed a feature with him and his crew. Stay tuned to MTV during the month of August to see it!

Highlights of my Oxegen Sunday were The Killers, who played a hour long live set much to the joy of their thousands of fans. DJ collective Deep Dish rocked the Dance stage with their latest tunes. However it was New Order who stole the show, closing the weekend on the Ticket Stage. As I made my way out of Punchestown, stepping over the empty cans, dodging the trodden-on hot dogs and avoiding the drunken hoards, I wondered how many people will be suffering from sun burn the next day. P20 is the way forward.

Next big music event not to be missed is Evolution in Bray, Co. Wicklow on 6th August.