Monday, May 09, 2005

Poster boy

The Dubliner magazine hosted an art and wine reception on Friday evening last in Gallery 29, on Molesworth Street.. Always a good combination, art and wine. Gallery owner John Rogers has amassed an impressive collection of retro advertising and film posters from as far back as the 1930s. Check out his online gallery to see for yourself.

The Dubliner publisher Trevor White was on hand to meet and greet like the gentleman he is. He was joined by colleagues Paul Trainer and Eoin Higgins. Also there were Micheál Burke, Deborah Allen and Nell Stuart - Liberty, the formaer publisher of Social & Personal magazine. She is now contributing to The Dubliner among other publications.

On Sunday I made my way out to Sandyford for cocktails in the new Beacon Hotel with my good pal Judith Giltinane. It was my first time there, and after hearing much about it I can report that it's all true. Very impressive indeed. The trendy hotel really wouldn't look out of place in Barcelona or New York.

I'm just not sure that Sandyfiord does it justice. Time will tell I guess.