Thursday, January 20, 2005

Feel the Love

That widely renowned French house of beauty products, Clarins, last night launch their first ever dedicated fragrance. Par Amour is their new scent which is going global, and already proving to be a big hit. Now, I always thought that Eau Dynamisante was a perfume, but was corrected last night. It's not a dedicated one. So there.

Among those at the champagne reception in the RHA Gallery were my good friend, the gorgeous Fidelma Kelly, style writer Leanne De Cerbo, Clarins Ireland boss Gerry Hickey and his son Luka, who is head of Bourgois Cosmetics Ireland.

As I stepped out into the cold and windy night I could smell Par Amour in the air, and for the briefest of moments I thought it was summer.

Later on in the evening i tried (again) to get a table at l'Gueleton. I've heard so many good things about this restaurant, but because they don't take reservations I have yet to sample the fare. I hope the day never comes that they rely on reservations. Anyway, I ventured across the road to The Market Bar and had the most amazing, inexpensive meal ever (not to be confused with an amazing expensive meal). I'll be back, as the Governor of California once said.

Question of the night: Who gate crashed the Clarins launch and sat front row, despite working for a rival company? The cheek!