Tuesday, December 07, 2004


Rosanna Davison, pictured with my trusty Nokia fone, at this years Newbridge Silverware 70th birthday celebrations.

Congrats Rosanna

I almost forgot to mention the Miss World final, which was held over the weekend in China. Well done to Miss Peru, Maria Julia Mantilla Garcia, who was crowned Miss World 2004.

Congrats also to our very own Rosanna Davison, now forever known as 'Former Miss World'. I have met her many times, the first being in 2003 shortly after she was crowned Miss Ireland (a coveted title itself). She was making one of her first appearances at a special preview of Magee's A/W 04 collection at a champagne brunch in The Clarance. I recall her telling me about her iminent plans to travel to China for the Miss World finals. She was the same down to earth, pleasant and well mannered girl then, as she is now.

The last time we met we were in the Newbridge Silverware showrooms once again, for a special reception with the 2004 finalists for the Rose of Tralee. Rosanna was telling me all about a recent trip to a 3rd World country, where she was part of a chartible deligation, far from the glitz and glam of Miss World.

She has been an amazing world ambassador for Ireland - and no doubt, will continue to be, in whatever she decides to do. For now though, I hear that she has gone back to UCD to complete her studies. Go girl!