Thursday, December 23, 2004

Christmas cheer

One of my favourite places in Dublin, and especially so at this time of the year, is The Shelbourne Hotel on St. Stephens Green. It olde world charm is something unique that you just don't get elsewhere.

I met up with my old pal Jason O'Callaghan, former gossip journalist turned Rat Pack singer. He has just completed the sale on his new apartment in Cannes and will be spending new year there with his lovely girlfriend Etain Boyd. We were later joined by publisher of Social & Personal PJ. Gibbons and ledgendary socialite Richard Kavanagh. Discussing plans for the season PJ informed me that he will be spending time in his native Mayo, while Richard will be ensconsed in Foxrock.

Speaking of the surname Kavanagh, I bumped into the gorgeous Sarah Devitt (sister of Jane) who informed me that Sarah Kavanagh is now engaged! Well, diamonds are a girl's best friend.

Later in the night I also met Paddy Bollard, business partner of the talented designer Louise Kennedy. Paddy, who has recently set up his own event management firm, was looking relaxed and full of festive cheer.


Question of the week: Which celebrity couple broke off their relationship a number of weeks ago? However, the girl denies that she is now single, while the boy is playing the field!