Tuesday, December 21, 2004

The party season

I hosted a small drinks soiree a chez moi on Sunday. The perfect opportunity to meet friends before the holiday break. Wonderful to see Geraldine Mahony before she heads off to Australia to visit the gorgeous Elke Pascoe, who is now resident there with her fiancé Nick McDonagh.

Also present were Bronagh Dorian, who is set to blaze a trail through the recruitment industry when she starts her new job in January, Ciaran Colemen and RTE journalist John O'Driscoll.

Last night I met up with my very good friend Sinead Ryan, or 'PR guru' as she is referred to as in the press. After drinks in Maguires of Baggot Street (which has the best smoking area in the city), Sinead bought me dinner and we bumped into TV presenter David McWilliams and he lovely wife Sian. Abrakebabra Baggot Street is where it's at.

Rounding off the night with Irish Coffees in the Shelbourne and O'Donoghues, we were wise and went home. Nonetheless my head still hurts today.