Friday, October 29, 2004

X is 10


My day has not started well. I have just received a call from a rather irate publicist bitching about the fashion feature I did on TV yesterday morning. Apparently a marketing communications campaign worth hundreds of thousands of euro has just been wiped out by a few minutes of "mis-communication". I disagree and think that it went very well (I was looking particularly spunky!). As a friend said "what a great start to your Hallowe'en weekend - you've already been attacked by a witch."

Last night I wandered over to the beautiful surrounds of Dublin Castle, to the Chester Beatty library to be precise. It was the celebration of the 10th birthday of X Communications. Be-decked in orange, with pumpkins galore, the organisers did a sterling job on the gig. Pioneers in their field, X Communications was set up from a research group in Trinity College, and has been designing, tweeking and implementing ever since. It's thanks to them we have great design and functionality on the net.

Afterwards we headed to Ho Sen for dinner. An authentic Vietnameese restaurant, Ho Sen has not been open long, but has already gained a dedicated fashionable following. Our very own President McAleese is a fan. I highly recommend, as does my friend Ross Golden - Bannon, who is a restaurant critic and awfully hard to please.

So, to Le Weekend! Hurrah, it's Friday. I'm off to Belfast tomorrow to attend a Hallowe'en party hosted my my good buddy Padraig Burke, who is now a high flyer with the BBC. We are also planning on a trip to Shine, the ledgendary club at Queens University, where my current fav DJ, Mylo, is playing live. I shall be staying in the newly opened and uber stylish Radisson SAS hotel.

Witch attacks notwithstanding, much fun will be had. Happy Hallowe'en!