Friday, October 22, 2004


Home, James.

When I received the invitation to the launch of Liberty Limousines I just knew I had to go along. Not just because it was being held in No. 5 at The Unicorn, where the food is amazing, nor because it promised a champagne reception, but because I love cars.

Two brand new stretch Lincoln Towncars greeted us at the entrance to No. 5, it was like the red carpet at the Oscars. Inside I met fashion designer Robert Jacob, who was accompanied by Virginia Cole McColgan. Robert is very busy with his Autumn / Winter collection and is burning up the jet fuel with frequent trips to Poland, where his beautiful wife Hanna is minding their ranch. Virginia Cole McColgan on the other hand is working with a big name Hollywood star at the moment - sorry, I've been sworn to secrecy.


The food was delicious, as it always is in Unicorn. The cars are pretty cool. My friend Paul Trainer, from The Dubliner magazine, likened them to mobile nightclubs, such is the flash interior. Should you so desire, Tom Colton of Liberty can also provide you with jets, helicopters and "close personal protection"... sounds good to me.

P.S. My fonts have gone crazy in this post - if anyone knows how to fix it I'd be obliged if you would let me know.