Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Home is where the heart is

So I went home on Friday to attend a family function. Not normally my thing but I am happy to report that it was fun. Got to say hello to some relatives that I hadn't seen in a while.

Saturday I met up with my good friends Cathriona and Siobhan. We just missed going to the nightclub, which was probably just as well. Fun was had regardless. As I always say, we could be in a barn in Leitrim with a bottle of vodka as still have fun (i.e. the venue is irrelevant, but booze is essential).

Back to Dublin on Sunday and off to the Front Lounge and Spy later that night. Full of cuties :-), including Aengus MacGrianna, Aoife Donohoe and Ciaran Colemen. Nice to see Jonathan back on the door too.
We hosted an improptu party after the club. One thing I don't like about the wintery months (and there are many things) is the dark mornings. During the summer, the dawn of the day is my cue to go home. These days though it doesn't get bright until after 8 and that just ruins my weekend as I lose precious sleep.
Maybe I'm getting old but my hangovers are certainly getting worse and I need all the sleep I can get. Maybe it's just thant I mix my drink.

On a happier note though, today is Tuesday. Huzzah!

x