Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Praha

I'm just back from Prague, where I was enjoying some pre-Christmas cheer and much needed snow (it doesn't look like we will have a white Christmas here, unlike last year). Prague is a beautiful city, not much to do, compared with cities like Paris or London. Then again who has ever compared Prague with London or Paris?

I bumped into pop sensation Dara Rolins while on a night out. She's like the Czech Republic / Slovakia's version of Samantha Mumba or Rachel Stevens, a little blonde babe whose full of energy (actually she's more like Britney Spears). She performed her latest single, a cover of Last Night A DJ Saved My Life, at a club in Prague accompanied by her troupe of dancers.

I stayed in the fabulous Hotel Josef in the old part of the city and dined in great restaurants like Escape, La Perle de Prague, Fischer Café, Chez Marcel and No Stress, all of which I highly recommend should you find yourself there.