Monday, October 08, 2001

Last week was indeed a busy one. It's Monday, the start of a new one - and I'm feeling quite hungover. Despite the fact that it is 6 in the evening. Think I'll take it easy for a while.
So I was in Wagamama with my good friend Debs* on Monday and a few nice drinks in The Shelbourne after. I love eating healthy food, ala Wagamama. Makes me feel all good and healthy - even though I'm not!
Tuesday saw me at the advanced screening of American Pie 2 in UGC. Among the movie goers were the devine Suzanne Devaney (who had a wee fall earlier that day and was putting on a brave face), Anna Lavery from Disney and a smattering of girls from the fashion and beauty industry including Cathriona from Blue Eriu and Dannielle from Stila. On to the Morrison after.

More movies on Wednesday when I attended the Buena Vista International day with my movie buddy Olivia Morahan (Caroline's big sister). Saw the Princess Diaries, On the Nose and The Others. Off to Gravity at the Guinness Storehouse for delish canapes and lush champagne. (Incidently Gravity has got to be Dublin's most amazing drinking establishment - the best view of the city). And as if that wasn't enough we went on to The Sugar Club for more. Poor Olivia was worse for the wear by the time we left - luckily I was off the next day! Excellent day and night thanks to those luvvies at BVI. On Thursday we saw Serendipity with Cate Blanchett and John Cusack. Surely a Christmas hit. BTW, The Others with Nicole Kidman is not very good.

Later that evening I was in SamSara for the launch of Riley Advertising in Ireland. Patrick Ryan will no doubt do a sterling job. Among the crowd were Daniela Crawlwy of Heineken and Gareth Gunnigle of 98fm. Which reminds me, I must call my good friend Paraic Gallagher in Lite FM to see how he is getting on in his new role as chief news reporter for Dublin.

Went to Lillies on Friday night and to Cavan on Saturday. Consolation to Bernardine Galligan on the recent split of her long relationship with Gary Dunne.

And so last night was one of many going away parties for Padraig Burke who is leaving us next week to join BBC as a producer in Belfast. Paudie, PR to the masses Audra Dutton and I were rightly blotto. Wonder how they are today?