Wednesday, October 31, 2001

It was a generally quiet week, starting on Thursday with, what I call, ‘a meeting of friends’ night. The early bird was down to the Clarance for cocktails with the legal fraternity, before heading off to the 98fm party in Club Anabel. Leaving shortly after, I made my way down to the Isacc Butt (where? – it’s a cavernous be-tiled pub beside the IFSC). My dear friend Siobhan Flood was off on her travels to Australia and so in fine 235 style we gave her a memorable send off. On then to Fireworks for some late night drinks with the Devlin Emma, Siobhan’s bro Eamonn and the Floody woman herself.

Needless to say I was in no fit state the next day. Fortunately I didn’t have to get out and about till the evening time when I was meeting Aisling Naughton for dinner. Excited Aisling has just landed a new job and so she was on a champagne fuelled rampage – I had to join in you understand! Anyway I’ll spare you the details – lest to say rampage we did!

Seeking solace in the country for Saturday night, I was quite refreshed come the Sabbath. Unfortunatly I was unable to make it to the races but am sure the day was a resounding success – especially that part organised by Tara O’Connor and Koo Donnolly of Intrepid.

Off to the National Concert Hall for a production of The Nutcracker by Ballet Ireland. It’s a shame that it was only on for a two performance run, as I’m sure many people would have loved to see it. Rounding off the night in the Bordello of Lilly with Deborah Allen, who everyone thought was my new girlfriend!
You give the crowd a new face and the gossip goes into overdrive!