Friday, March 03, 2006

Who Wants to Know?

I get so many e-mails every week asking me a multitude of questions. While I absolutely love your correspondence I’m finding it increasingly difficult to reply to it as I just don’t have the time. So, as per a suggestion from an avid reader, I’m going to publish some of the more commonly asked questions and answer then here (I’ll paraphrase them for convenience). I’ll answer some of the more specific ones here too at a later stage. Lets call this feature “Who Wants to Know?”.

Q: How many parties do you go to every week? Are you out every night?

A: I am out and about probably 5 or 6 nights a week. Sunday night is usually the night in for me, but I absolutely hate going out on a Saturday night too (as it’s when every else is out), so it varies. Last year I attended 272 parties, not including personal social events, such as birthdays, weddings and nights out with friends, which I don’t report on.

Q: What famous people have you met?

A: This is such a common question! So many celebrities, so little time. Well, apart from the usual TV people, pop stars, models etc. some of the bigger names I’ve encountered are: Bill Clinton, Robbie Williams, Mary J. Blige, Billy Bob Thornton, Jay Z, Naomi Campbell, HRH Princess Anne, Johnny Depp and, of course, Bono. Some of those I’ve spent considerable time getting to know, others a brief exchange of words.

Q: Why can’t I leave comments to your posts?

A: Another common query. I think that, while comments are a fun feature to any blog, I wouldn’t like to open the people I write about to ridicule, which I’m sure would happen! I also wouldn’t want to start censoring people’s opinions and views, which I fear I would probably have to (and which I don’t have time to do). Maybe I’ll try it and you could prove me wrong?