Friday, December 30, 2005

NYE

As another year comes to an end so one of the biggest party nights is on the horizon, New Years Eve. Personally I think it's completely over rated with people putting too much emphasis on having the night of their lives. Just enjoy it like any other night!

In the final part of the series I asked the movers and shakers what their plans for NYE were. Seems I'm not the only one who doesn't buy into the hyperbole.


What are your plans for NYE?

"As yet undecided!"
- Caroline Morahan, TV presenter, Off the Rails.


" I hate New Year so I'm gonna be at home in bed on the stroke of midnight whilst the rest of the world goes mental."
- Daniel Sandler, celebrity make-up artist and spokesperson for Bourjois Cosmetics.


"Something wild with someone wild in a wild place somewhere in the wilderness of the Dublin suburbs!"
- P.J. Gibbons, Editor of Social & Personal, Ireland's original society magazine.


"Haven't planned anything properly so it'll just be a party with friends thrown together at the last minute. Not a fan of New Year's though because it means Christmas is well and truly over :-("
- Karen Koster, TV presenter, Ireland AM.


"I usually dread New Years Eve, as I find that it never lives up to the hype. But so long as I spend it with the wonderful Malachy Geelan, no matter what we do, or where we go, I'll be the best New Year's Eve ever!"
- Sinead Ryan, PR guru, Presence Communications.


"I come home on Dec. 31st from Italy, so I'm still open to suggestions..."
- Quentin Fottrell, writer, broadcaster and socialite.


"New Years Eve tends to be more hassle then it's worth. I like to have a dinner, at home, a friends house or a restaurant. This year has not been decided yet "
- John Compton, model agency boss, Compton Models.